Information for Clinicians, rehabilitation therapists, rehab engineers & certified rehabilitation technology suppliers
Have technical questions about the standards or the crash testing process? Contact Nichole Orton at the University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute (UMTRI).
Ride Safe Brochure
- Check this out!! A new and updated Ride Safe Brochure! It's clear message and illustrations are helpful in teaching clients and colleagues about best practices in transit safety technology.
- Printed copies of this brochure can also be requested from the Educational Tool Box on this website.
Advocacy and System Change
- Use the power you have as a clinician prescribing wheelchairs and seating systems to pressure manufacturers to produce and label more WC19 compliant mobility products. We have created a template or form letter for you to use. Modify and use it to write a letter to manufacturers you use. Tell them you want to be able to select from ANY of their wheelchairs, and know that it will be available with a transit option.
- See the consumer pages for educational handouts directed to consumers who sit in wheelchairs as they ride public transit, private vehicles, or school buses.
- Justifying funding for WC19 Wheelchairs and Seating - use this suggested language in your documentation and letters of justification to help get the safer wheelchairs funded.
- Do you want to give a presentation on Wheelchair Transportation Safety? Do you need support or materials? Want reprints of consumer-friendly articles? Check out the resources in our "Educational Tool Box".
- Review all of the educational resources in the Knowledge Translation section.
- Frequently Asked Questions about Wheelchair Transportation Safety.
- Slide lectures - Use this collection of Wheelchair Transportation Safety Power Point lectures to educate yourself and others.
More questions about the standards? Contact us at email@example.com